Terms of Trading
Aluminium Stair-Nosing & Trim Maintenance
ALUMINIUM STAIR NOSINGS & TRIMS
1. To ensure the stair nosings keep their appearance, they should be cleaned weekly, more frequently in areas of heavy traffic.
2. Build up of dirt and grease can prove hazardous.
3. Aluminium step edging and stair nosings should be cleaned with a suitable aluminium cleaner.
4. Spray direct on to the surface to be cleaned - leave for a few minutes to break up soilage then wipe off with a clean damp cloth.
5. Allow to dry before use to avoid any slip hazard.
6. Aluminium can be lightly burnished with the finest steel wool.
7. Polish will reduce anti-slip properties and
solvent cleaners are not suitable
1. A build up of dirt and grease will reduce the anti-slip properties of the insert.
2. Polishes, sealants or any other coatings should not be applied to PVC inserts, as they too will reduce the anti-slip properties of the insert.
3. PVC inserts and UPVC channels can be cleaned with a good quality upvc cleaner.
4. Strong detergents must not be used on stair nosing inserts as this may cause fading of the insert colour.
5. In the event of excessive build up of dirt and grease, a gentle rub down of the insert with a lightweight scourer will reproduce a key to the surface.